Front Desk - Receptionist
Overall Responsibility: To carry out a range of reception and administrative duties in relation to the day-to-day operations of Braselton Urgent Care’s front desk/reception area.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Basic medical terminology fluency
- Excellent telephone skills and office etiquette
- Thorough knowledge of patient billing procedures during check-in/check-out
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Warm, outgoing personality
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds
- Previous experience (1-2 years) in medical practice required
- Assist patients in accurately completing “New Patient Registration Forms” and documents.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for services, accept payment and issue receipt for same.
- Answer telephones and use telephone etiquette while speaking to patients.
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors to the facility.
- Appropriately monitor emails used by front desk staff and respond in a polite and helpful manner.
- Determine the financial status of patients and their insurance eligibility for services.
- Ensuring the Experity Health patient queues are managed appropriately and monitor the flow of patients to and from various queues.
- Assist in faxing and retrieving medical record requests by various labs, specialist providers, insurances and attorneys.
- Appropriately assist patients with lab result requests (i.e. Blood work, COVID-19).
- Maintain stock of toiletries used in patient bathrooms and reception area.
- Maintain forms and office supplies required for front desk operations.
- Keep reception area clean and tidy – morning, midday, and night.
- Respect and maintain the privacy and dignity of patients; always assure patient confidentiality.
- Participate in staff and educational meetings.
- Stand and greet patients politely when they enter the facility.
- Secure the building at the close of each working day according to protocols and lock front entrances.
- High school diploma or equivalent